samedi 2 janvier 2010

take me home


One of the thing we like about your photographs is that they're often showing people traveling. Where did you go recently ? What place or country did you like the most ?
I love trips. My last was in Paris, I went to see some friends.. For me anytime is perfect to travel,.. Scandinavian countries are my favourite places: Denmark, Sweeden, Norway...

It seems that you're really close with the people you shoot. Are you satisfied with shooting your friends or do you sometimes want to shoot models or persons you don't know ?
For me it doesnt matter. But you know is more easy to shoot friends, you have more confidence...

People in your photographs always have really genuine expressions. How do you manage to capture those ephemeral instants ? Do you shoot a lot, or do you wait for the right moment ?
I use an analogic camera, which is expensive to use so I don't take many pictures. I usually wait for the perfect moment.

Do you use a film camera ? If so, can you tell us what you like about film ?
yes it is a film camera. I love film cameras because you cant know how is your photo until you developed the film. Is the magic of film cameras...

What emotions would you like people to feel when they watch your pictures ? Do you think a lot about the images you want to capture, or do you shoot instinctively ?
Both, but in most of the cases I take pictures instinctively and spontaneously. It depends of the place, the people, the time.. Plus, it is so dificult to prepare.

Do you have any fetish photographers ?
I really love some flickr photographers like: Géraud aimera Paris and knock-kneed and upright and Nich Hance

Are you interested in modern and contemporary photography, or do you keep away from those art movements ?
Im open to all artist movements, but i don know so much about contemporary photography..

What about literature ? Do you read a lot ? Does it inspire you ?
i never find time to read. Maybe it's just that I dont really like it...

Your photographs are really far from the party-trash aesthetic that is really popular on flickr. They have a really fresh, dreamy aura. Does the music you listen to also has this ethereal atmosphere ?
jaja. thanks alot. Yes ofcourse. I thing music is one of my first inspiration. The world turns around music.
I really love Dylan, Neil Young, Supertramp.. I cant explain this, some places remembered me some artist and songs, and i only try to capt the moment, i felt inside the song when i see some of my shoots.

Do you have any expectations for the future ? Do you see yourself getting an exhibition someday ?
I think it's too soon to tell, there are so many incredible artist in the world.. is dificul but of course is one of my dreams, to be recognized in the photography panorame, make some publications and exibitions and work in some connected with photography. For the moment i will continues taking pictures.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire